Dark Forums
Register now!!!! Happy
Dark Forums
Register now!!!! Happy
Dark Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Forums v3 Update 2013

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Read Ad-free Manga, Manhwa, and Manhua at https://trilliux.me!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Best Places to read Manhwa in 2022
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 2:53 am by Drakius

» Epic Cheat
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:45 am by MrAzaness007

» Check out this dope ass chat log
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:29 pm by Minro

» EpicSauce
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:52 pm by Drakius

» BotQuestWorlds 1.8
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 pm by Drakius

» CrackAndLoad public Vip Hack Version 2.0
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 pm by Drakius

» Guerrilla hack - Health Bars
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm by Drakius

» [Answer] Does o2 Jam have cheats?
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:41 pm by Drakius

» Epic Cheat
Well What do YOU Think? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 pm by Drakius

Top posters
Drakius (757)
Well What do YOU Think? I_vote_lcapWell What do YOU Think? I_voting_barWell What do YOU Think? I_vote_rcap 
EdWaRdEx (51)
Well What do YOU Think? I_vote_lcapWell What do YOU Think? I_voting_barWell What do YOU Think? I_vote_rcap 
#Zero# (30)
Kierme (21)
Renegade Slayer (18)
Pedobear (14)
Spambot 5.0 (13)
Leo (12)
Niko (11)
Xtianzkeel (10)
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Well What do YOU Think?

Go down 
3 posters

Do vampires exist?
 yes
 no
 maybe
 that's just creepy!
View results
AuthorMessage
Drakius
Dark DeathFreak Supreme Admin
Drakius

Number of posts : 757
Dark Exp : 6288
Dark Rep : 20
Registration Date : 2012-10-23
Well What do YOU Think? Tsunayoshisawada_zpsf9b8c38d

Well What do YOU Think? Empty
PostSubject: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:16 am

According to the ancient Slavic folklore, vampires are dead people or corpses that come alive at night, or simply, are said to rise from their graves to feed on the blood of the living. It is also said that they visit the vicinity of where they lived when they were alive. Vampire legends have been recorded in almost all the cultures and regions of the world. However, in modern times, these myths have been believed to be fictitious. Various reasons like porphyria, premature burial, and contagion are said to be the cause of such vampirism among people. Bram Stoker's Dracula is considered as a quintessential vampire novel that was published in 1897, from which the modern legend of Dracula, the most popular of all the vampires, was born.

Origin of Vampire Myths

Although, there have been many superstitions and beliefs about the origin of such theories, the Slavic vampire myths interpenetrate all the others. Such beliefs in Slavic culture stem from practices and beliefs during the pre-Christian era. People have sustained these pagan spiritual beliefs even in the modern times, though no written records are available. One such example of these pagan beliefs is believing in the soul after death.

In Slavic culture, some ghosts and spirits were considered beneficent, while some were considered harmful. These demons could appear in any animal or human form. The malevolent activities in which they were said to be involved in, included harming the harvest, or sucking the blood of livestock and human beings. Hence, because of these activities, the Slavs were often obliged to placate the spirits. They believed that a vampire was a person who abducted a decomposing dead body and sought to feed on the blood for their own survival.

Modern Explanations

To clear these superstitions and ghost stories, several explanations were made. A major explanation was that vampires suffered from a disease of porphyria, which caused pale skin, sensitivity to light and made the incisors look bigger. However, the theory has been snubbed, as it was said that these symptoms were based on the misunderstandings of the disease. Sometimes, the dead body did not decompose as quickly as expected, and vampire hunters concluded that this was a sign of vampirism. Also, there are theories which suggest that these legends were influenced by the fact that people were buried alive, due to lack of medical knowledge.

Ancient Legends

Vampire legends have existed all around the world. The famous Dracula is thought to be from the Transylvania region of Romania. Different vampires from different regions differed in their appearances. For example, the ones from Bulgaria had one nostril; whereas, those from Transylvania were pale and had long fingernails. In Chinese culture, it was believed that if a cat or dog jumped over a dead body, the body would turn into an undead. In Russian folklore, vampires were witches who once rebelled against the church, when they were alive. In Indian mythology, there have been mentions of ghoul-like beings in Baital Pachisi and Goddess Kali, who wear a garland of skulls and are said to drink blood. In Egyptian mythology, Goddess Sekhmet was said to be blood thirsty. The Persian civilization was the first to have had stories of blood-drinking creatures.

Popular Facts Related to Vampires

They have always been portrayed in the human form, but with some unique physical features like long incisors, red eyes, etc. Some of their characteristics are as follows:

They hate sunlight and fire.
They are immortal and can be killed, only if beheaded.
They have no reflection.
They are afraid of crucifixes, holy water, etc.
People turn into vampires, if they are bitten by one.
A wooden stake through a vampire's heart will kill it.
They sleep during the day.
They are said to be charming.

Movies like Blade: Trinity, Interview with the Vampire, and TV serials like Buffy the Vampire Slayer are the pop culture associated with the belief. These beliefs and stories have been around for a long time, and will continue to fascinate people in the future too.
Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/vampire-myths-and-legends.html
Back to top Go down
http://darkforums.ace.st
Drakius
Drakius

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:28 pm

I think it is real...
Back to top Go down
#Zero#
Dark Student
#Zero#

Number of posts : 30
Dark Exp : 2147483646
Dark Rep : 0
Registration Date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:42 pm

I am a vampire.
Back to top Go down
Drakius
Drakius

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

/stake Gogeta
Back to top Go down
#Zero#
Dark Student
#Zero#

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:20 pm

/dodge
Back to top Go down
Drakius
Drakius

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Twisted Evil /holy
Back to top Go down
#Zero#
Dark Student
#Zero#

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 pm

/trick was a sayian all this time
Back to top Go down
Drakius
Drakius

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 pm

/BAN OWNED
Back to top Go down
EdWaRdEx
Dark Deathfreak Supreme Co-Admin
Dark Deathfreak Supreme Co-Admin
EdWaRdEx

Number of posts : 51
Dark Exp : 541
Registration Date : 2013-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

lolED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well What do YOU Think?   Well What do YOU Think? Empty

Back to top Go down

Well What do YOU Think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Forums :: AK Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: