Dark Forums
Register now!!!! Happy
Dark Forums
Register now!!!! Happy
Dark Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Forums v3 Update 2013

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Read Ad-free Manga, Manhwa, and Manhua at https://trilliux.me!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Best Places to read Manhwa in 2022
How it is made! EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 2:53 am by Drakius

» Epic Cheat
How it is made! EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:45 am by MrAzaness007

» Check out this dope ass chat log
How it is made! EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:29 pm by Minro

» EpicSauce
How it is made! EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:52 pm by Drakius

» BotQuestWorlds 1.8
How it is made! EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 pm by Drakius

» CrackAndLoad public Vip Hack Version 2.0
How it is made! EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 pm by Drakius

» Guerrilla hack - Health Bars
How it is made! EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm by Drakius

» [Answer] Does o2 Jam have cheats?
How it is made! EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:41 pm by Drakius

» Epic Cheat
How it is made! EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 pm by Drakius

Top posters
Drakius (757)
How it is made! I_vote_lcapHow it is made! I_voting_barHow it is made! I_vote_rcap 
EdWaRdEx (51)
How it is made! I_vote_lcapHow it is made! I_voting_barHow it is made! I_vote_rcap 
#Zero# (30)
Kierme (21)
Renegade Slayer (18)
Pedobear (14)
Spambot 5.0 (13)
Leo (12)
Niko (11)
Xtianzkeel (10)
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How it is made!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakius
Dark DeathFreak Supreme Admin
Drakius

Number of posts : 757
Dark Exp : 6288
Dark Rep : 20
Registration Date : 2012-10-23
How it is made! Tsunayoshisawada_zpsf9b8c38d

How it is made! Empty
PostSubject: How it is made!   How it is made! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 pm

So, after some practice on making video-games, you've decided you want to make a horror-survival, eh? Well, these simple steps will help you along to soiling the pants of the nation!

1.Choose an effectual creature. Zombies are great and all, but they've just became un-scary since everyone started using them. Take a look at the popular Survival horror game Silent Hill, and look at its original creature design. Now, take the concept of something no one's ever seen before, and implement it to your game. The enemy doesn't always have to be a creature, the enemy could be a human. Making that human scary by make them innocent and twisted, a little girl covered in blood with a deranged laugh is effective.

2.Avoid as many cliches as possible. Lots of great game ideas have been ruined by poor choice, and overuse of cliches. Cliches include: Zombies, abandoned areas, cardboard protagonists, etc.

3.Remove the soundtrack. One thing great video game series do when they want to add fear, is to remove the soundtrack. Hard to believe but it's a lot scarier without Beethoven's symphony when you're fighting a deranged... thing.

4.Use shock fear lightly. There's nothing more scarier, than your monster of choice leaping from something seemingly innocent, such as a locker, right? Then what's the point in making it too frequent? The shock will eventually go away when it happens so many times.

5.The rumble-feature. If you're making your game for a console, you will have a tool PC users don't have, the vibrating pad. Simple clues, such as a heartbeat, or even random and sporadic rumbles will shock the player to death when they don't expect it.

6.Limited visibility. The old saying was true; Sometimes, more is less. Games like silent hill could terrify it's viewer by limiting the visibility to about five foot in front of the protagonist.

7.Atmosphere is affective. One second the creature is in front of you and the next second it's behind you. Eerie sounds and noises in the background (whispers, laughs, footsteps).

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darkforums.ace.st
Noxus
Dark Student
Noxus

Number of posts : 4
Dark Exp : 8
Dark Rep : 0
Registration Date : 2012-11-02

How it is made! Empty
PostSubject: How it is made!   How it is made! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Easy enough! *making a game called Slenderwoman*
Back to top Go down
Drakius
Drakius

Number of posts : 757
Dark Exp : 6288
Dark Rep : 20
Registration Date : 2012-10-23
How it is made! Tsunayoshisawada_zpsf9b8c38d

How it is made! Empty
PostSubject: Re: How it is made!   How it is made! EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
http://darkforums.ace.st
Sponsored content

How it is made! Empty
PostSubject: Re: How it is made!   How it is made! Empty

Back to top Go down

How it is made!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Forums :: AK Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: